Sonntag

banana almond muffins


I made those muffins at 7 o'clock on saturday morning. I woke up that early because I wanted to go for a run before I visit my grandparents over the weekend. Sadly I woke up with a toothache, one of my wisdom teeth is peeking trough and currently I look like a little hamster. So no morning run for me, instead I decided to make some little treats for my grandparents - and of course for myself :).





~ banana almond muffins ~


There were some over ripe bananas in my fridge which I wanted to use. I added almonds for the crunch and some raisins for extra sweetness.



3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
cinnamon
nutmeg
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped almonds

3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 egg
handful of raisins
2 tablespoons honey


Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork, add the egg and stir until combined. Then, in a small pan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Mix it with the honey and then with the egg/banana mixture. Add the raisins and slowly add it to the dry ingredients and stir well.


Line a muffin tray and top the muffins with some sliced almonds. Bake at 356F degrees (180°C) for about 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen