Sonntag

Plum Cinnamon Compote


A few weeks ago, my go-to supermarket had a loooot of regional plums on sale. I like the combination of fresh fruits and spices, especillay during fall and winter. So I bought a few to make this easy and quick compote.


For breakfast I always eat oats or whole wheat flakes, with nuts, seeds and plain yogurt. I also love to add some berries, but during the colder months, fresh berries are very hard to find and super expensive, so I usually top my cereals with dried fruits or some sort of compote.

This would also make a healthy afternoon snack with plain yogurt and almonds.





















~ ~ Plum Cinnamon Compote ~ ~

As you can see, it's really super duper easy - just two ingredients. I added no extra sugar, the plums sweetened it already. If you like it a little sweeter, just add some brown sugar. Also feel free to replace the cinnamon with your favourite fall spices. 


About 20 Plums (made two medium mason jars)
1 Cinnamon Stick

Slice the plums into quarters. Put the plums and the cinnamon stick in a medium pan. Cover with water and heat up till the water boils. Turn down the heat and let it simmer till the plums are dense. Stir form time to time. Make sure the mixture is always covered with a little water.
When the compote is ready fill up your mason jars.

Because this compote contains no sugar or other preservatives, you have to store it in the fridge. It stays fresh for several weeks. Once its opened, use it up within a week.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen